The Mobile Crane Operator will safely operate mobile cranes to transfer heavy objects from one location to another.
- Operates specialized machinery such as telescope booms, lattice booms, and hydraulic cranes.
- Calculates load capacity, determining weight of items to be moved in relation to the maximum capacity of crane based on manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspects clearances, overhead lines, and other possible obstructions to ensure there are no accidents or damage to employees, buildings, loads, or equipment.
- Inspects and assesses ground conditions to ensure that the crane can be set up safely.
- Inspects cranes for defects and wear prior to operation; performs necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and company safety laws, guidelines, and best practices.
- Maintains logs and records of operation activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of apprenticeship for mobile crane operators required.
- Certification by the North American Crane Bureau Group or the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators preferred.
- Valid state license to operate heavy equipment required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Excellent depth perception and reaction time.
- Visual acuity to follow hand signals, maintain logs, and inspect and maintain machinery.
- May work in a variety of weather including extreme heat and cold.