Involves many facets of the building process that would include plan reading, operating specialized equipment, operation of numerous hand and power tools, basic wood framing, installation of various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood sidings and mortar less masonry units.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently execute tasks needed to complete a quality building including but not limited to: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims.
- Keep current with and apply the Gateway Building’s safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building.
- Perform safe and proper use and maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Accurately report time worked.
- Work in a team environment and stay off your phone until break time.
- Travel is required as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Skills needed to operate construction hand tools and read building plans.
- Ability to lift 90 lbs. to shoulder, push 150 lbs. overhead, pull 65 lbs. and pull with long finger grasp 30lbs. frequently.
- Ability to work on high areas of construction project and in the seasonal environments (spring – winter).