Want to be a part of a high-tech company that is launching innovative agricultural solutions and experiencing phenomenal growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Enjoy working in an environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done?
Then, Gateway Building Systems has a place for you!
What You’ll Do:
As the Dryer Service Technician, you will setup, test, ship, and provide service for dryer equipment to ensure high-quality products and service are provided to the customer.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Performs set-up and testing on Grain Dryer finished products to ensure they are functioning and assembled correctly
- Troubleshoots problems and provides information via calls from dealers or at the end user’s location to solve any issues effectively.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment to support the team.
- Follows processes and safety guidelines on a continual basis for accuracy and safety
- Education: Associates degree in Electronics, Industrial Maintenance, or a related field; will consider an Electronic Certification with some hands-on electronic experience (preferred).
- Experience: 1-3 year of experience in reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams, with a strong electronics aptitude.
- Functional Skills: Strong analytical, electronic/mechanical aptitude to learn, troubleshoot and diagnose issues. High attention to detail. Ability to learn/operate an overhead crane and forklift. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Ability to read an electrical schematic and troubleshoot electronic circuitry is required. Ability to use hand tools, pneumatic tools, gauges, and multimeters preferred.
- Language Skills: Good reading, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Customer-focused, self-motivated, and a quick learner who can become proficient in the products. Strong attention to quality, processes, and safety is also important.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Need conceptual thinkers who can take a vision and create better processes/solutions. Energetic, honest, and high ethical standards. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player, and leading/participating in continuous improvement processes.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
Reports To: Business Manager
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends/OT when applicable during harvest season; approximately 45+ hrs/week on average
Direct Reports: None
Work Conditions: Typically works outside (under a shelter) and at times within an Operations environment; may operate Overhead Cranes and work around moving parts. Must be able to occasionally lift 50lbs; Must be able to climb 100-200’ (with safety gear) for testing and onsite troubleshooting.
Travel: Dependent on customer local – unplanned travel on urgent issues; primarily during harvest season