A CONCRETE PUMP OPERATOR is a skilled machine operator typically working on construction job sites.Duties include controlling the operation of the pump and the output of concrete by directing the boom. They are also responsible for getting the machine to and from the job site and making sure the pump is ready for the next job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the pump in a safe and conscientious manner to the job site and back to the yard.
- Operate the pump in a safe and conscientious manner, set up system, and clean out the pump after the job.
- Light repair of pumps: Some maintenance is required. Know the pump well enough to recognize problems and report them.
- Customer relations: Represent the Company through efficient work and courteous service.
- Keep unit clean: Keep the pump and truck washed and free of concrete and grease. Keep system free of concrete.
- Yard: Return system after use to appropriate location in yard. Keep yard neat and orderly.
- Paperwork: Complete and submit pump inspection forms, job ticket and maintenance forms. Keep an accurate timecard of time worked.
- Must be able to meet DOT requirements for hearing and seeing.
- Must be able to verbally communicate to others.
- Good manual dexterity to climb on and around the pump in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to overhead position.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the balance and dexterity to maneuver around a construction site, and must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be drug and alcohol free.
Job Type: Full-time