This role is a one person fab shop role. It will require welding, grinding and other metal building/repair capabilities.
Welder Job Responsibilities:
- Expertly welds small, medium, and large bore pipe of various metals and alloys.
- Solders and brazes of copper pipe.
- Reads and comprehends construction drawings and specifications.
- Lays out and installs piping, equipment, and other mechanical systems in compliance with construction drawings and specifications.
- Marks up construction drawings and specifications with as-built status.
- Works in conjunction with other crews and lead persons.
- Maintains responsibility for all tools and equipment assigned to the group.
Welder Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Ability to learn basic computer skills to communicate via email, document daily work and progress, and track procurements and status
- Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Graduation from high school, military schools, vocational school, recognized craftsman apprenticeship program or equivalent
- At least five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a combination of two or more skilled trades including knowledge of and ability to use tools materials and methods
- OSHA 10-hour safety course would be a plus