- Operates specialized machinery such as telescope booms, lattice booms, and hydraulic cranes.
- Calculates load capacity, determining weight of items to be moved in relation to the maximum capacity of crane based on manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspects clearances, overhead lines, and other possible obstructions to ensure there are no accidents or damage to employees, buildings, loads, or equipment.
- Inspects and assesses ground conditions to ensure that the crane can be set up safely.
- Inspects cranes for defects and wear prior to operation; performs necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and company safety laws, guidelines, and best practices.
- Maintains logs and records of operation activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.